Sunday, March 30, 2008

I'm BAAAAACCCCK!!!

I haven't blogged for quite a while- I was pushing all that energy toward a half hour of  daily writing exercises. Offline, because I didn't think they'd be of interest to anyone else. But there's more to life than what I'm writing for my own little self...

On Friday, Karen, Vicke, Heather and I went to see Ingrid Jungermann's show, Brawdeville. Brawdville's a women's collective- not all of them are lesbian- who do performance art. Some serious, some hilarious. They used a tiny 5x10 stage to sing, dance and act parodies of "I love rock and roll" about Evian water, Andy Warhol and celebrity loving consumers drinking Coke to be more like their idols, a needy, increasingly psychotic ex calling her boyfriend, and much more. More than a few great belly laughs, esp. for the "Bloggers Club," where a bunch of elderly ladies gather to read a Billyburg hipster's entries about getting smashed as if it was gold.

No comments: